COVID-19 – Our couriers have assured us that all drivers are equipped with and using both anti-bacterial handwipes and handwash before and after all deliveries
Our mail order service is now closed until September.
After resisting the relentless tide of online sales for years, we have finally decided to embrace the modern world and offer a limited mail order service.
However, at this time I’m afraid that our mail order service will only be available for customers within the UK.
So, here’s some important information you should know –
- Firstly, we do not send out plugs! The plants you buy online are the same plants we sell here at the nursery and at shows. Perennials are generally in pots ranging between 9 cms & 2 litres, occasionally we may have some in 3 litre pots but this is dependent on variety and is rare. Shrubs are generally in pots of 3 litres and upwards.
- Shrubs may be pruned for ease of packaging but we will endeavor not to if at all possible. During the winter months plants may be removed from their pots and any excess compost knocked off, again to aid packaging and to keep the parcel weight down (and so keep postage costs down for you).
- We aim to have your order dispatched within a week of your initial email. However, during the show season we may take longer as there are only 2.5 of us
- Orders are dispatched by overnight courier on a Wednesday – this is to ensure that your plants reach you before the weekend and arrive in the best condition possible.
- Not all plants are available at all times of the year. If you would like a particular plant that isn’t available you can ask to be put on the waiting list and we will contact you when it is available.
Now how to order –
- In the first instance please email us with the details of what you would like, your full postal address and a daytime telephone number. We will then reply with availability, prices and carriage costs. Sometimes if a plant has been recently potted, it may not be fully rooted through in it’s pot, we will inform you of this at this stage and let you decide if you wish to proceed or wait until it’s fully rooted.
- If the above is acceptable to you then please let us know as soon as possible so that we can take your order off sale.
- We will then contact you to arrange payment. We accept most major credit & debit cards with the exception of American Express. At this point we will also ask if there are any special arrangements for your delivery i.e. leave in porch/neighbour etc
- Your order will be dispatched on the following Wednesday by overnight courier (again this is to ensure plants aren’t stuck in a depot somewhere for any length of time).
- Once received, please open all parcels immediately!
Carriage costs –
All parcels are sent via over night courier!
We have 3 sizes of parcel. The following will hopefully give you a rough guide as to how many of what size plants you can fit into each one – though this is dependent on time of year and plant growth. We will of course strive to fit as many plants as possible into the smallest box possible (without damaging your plants).
- £9.99 courier pack – will take either 4 x 9 cm plants or 2 x 1 litre plants. (up to 5kg)
- £12.99 parcel – will take either 6 x 1/1.3 litre plants, 3 x 2 litre plants or 2 x 3 litre plants
- £17.99 parcel – will take one 7.5/10 litre plant up to 1 m tall.
Anything above a 10 litre pot or taller than 1 meter is only available for collection from the nursery.
Unfortunately the above carriage prices do not apply to the Scottish Highlands and Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, the Channel Islands or Northern Ireland. If you require delivery to any of the aforementioned areas please contact us for costs.
In October 2016, the EU adopted Plant Health Regulation (EU) 2016/2031, which will apply from the 14th December 2019 to all EU member states, including the UK. As this regulation entered into force in 2016 it was carried over into UK legislation under EU (Withdrawal) Act 2018.
Strangely, the regulation above applies to plants bought via mail order but not to plants bought direct from us either at the nursery or at a show and not all plants require a passport.
In order to comply, we are now registered to issue Plant Passports and our registration code is ‘GB – 130306’. This means that within your order you will find a ‘plant passport’ which should be kept for your records.
Cancellations & Returns
If you change your mind, you have the right to cancel your order by either email or telephone up until 3pm on the Tuesday before dispatch.
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations you will normally have the right to cancel orders/return goods for 14 days from the date of order. However, plants are perishable goods and as such are an exception to this rule. For further details please see the following link http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations
All of our plants are inspected thoroughly and photographed to ensure they are of the best quality before being dispatched. Sometimes, however, things do go wrong.
If this is the case then we ask that you take a digital photograph of both the plant and the packaging and email them to us along with the details within 2 days of receipt. We will then make every effort to answer/resolve any reasonable complaints as we very much want you to be happy with your purchase.
If you need any further information then please do not hesitate to contact us
Simon & Jay